Do You Ski or Ride? Hopefully you have been able to enjoy the slopes more than I have this winter. These activities give you a great opportunity to enjoy the beautiful mountains and make the most of the cold weather. We certainly hope you enjoy this winter! Time flies when your having fun! The following are some safety tips for all skiers and riders.
- Don’t underestimate the sun. You may not be at the beach but the sun is still very powerful in the winter so protect your skin and eyes.
- Were a helmet. Nowadays personal protective equipment has been designed to protect and express your style. Don’t worry safety doesn’t have to cramp your style.
- Dress in layers. Remember you may be warm in lodge but the temperatures at the summit drop significantly.
- Do not venture off the main trails.
- If you are new to skiing or snowboarding, take a lesson. Lessons help even if you are not so new.
- Stay on trails that match your level
- Click here for More!
Green are generally for beginners or cross country skiing.
Blue are intermediate, they are slightly more steep than green.
Black Diamonds- generally for advanced.
If you have questions check with Snow Patrol or Mountain Staff, they are there to assist you… Be safe and have fun!