While the cold weather has suggested that winter has been here for a while, the season officially began Wednesday.
Ready or not, the first day of winter is here. While many people are hustling and bustling to get those last minute gifts, here is a friendly safety reminder of the practical items you should have in your winter storm emergency kit.
Winter Storm Emergency Kit
- First aid kit, including over-the-counter painkillers, rubbing alcohol, eye wash kit, and vomit-inducing medicine
- Rock salt or ice melt, sand, and snow shovels
- Water and nonperishable food (for three days)
- Emergency lighting and flashlights with extra batteries
- Whistles to signal and direct attention during and after the storm
- Battery or crank-powered radio
- Walkie-talkies and/or cellular phones (with spare chargers and portable batteries)
- Blankets and extra clothing
- Hand and power tools
- Portable pumps and hoses
- Plastic covers and tarpaulins
With these items stored away, you should have an extensive and well-put-together emergency kit to combat any winter storm that decides to swing by.
On behalf of everyone here at Chase Clarke Stewart & Fontana, we would like to wish you a festive holiday season and a happy, healthy new year!