Is melting snow causing problems? Hopefully not!
Between wild weather and water main breaks, this area has seen its fair share of floods. We have had a lot of snow. Melting snow causes water to seep wherever it can. If it seeps into your basement, that’s a problem. A few inches can cause thousands of dollars in damage. If nothing else it’s worth it to take preventative measures to protect your home. Chubb Insurance has a few tips we thought you would find useful. To read more, click the link below.
Tips for Dealing with Melting Snow-
- Make sure the ground around your home slopes away from your home.
- Check your basement to make sure there are no cracks in the foundation wall.
- Seal basement windows.
- Clear away debris from drains along your home’s foundation.
- Check to make sure sump pumps are working properly.
- If storing valuables in your basement use water proof containers and keep them above floor level.
- Read more
Have a happy & dry spring season.