April showers are gone, so bring out the flowers! Are you ready to get into your backyard and start a garden? As the weather improves many of us plan to enjoy the outdoors as much as we can. Gardening can be a great way to do this. Gardening right, requires some preparation. The CDC has helpful information on this green topic.
Gardening Safety Tips:
- Don’t just water the plants, be sure to stay hydrated by drinking enough water.
- Protect yourself from the sun, by wearing proper clothing and sun block.
- Avoid sunstroke by pacing yourself, in the heat. Staying in the sun too long can be hazardous.
- Check for ticks.
- More garden tips
Lawn care tips
- When your grass grows higher than 3 inches, its time to cut it.
- Leaving the grass clippings behind while mowing creates natural fertilizer.
- Sharp blades are the best.
- Watch a Lawn Care Video