Is your car ready for winter? While most of us are not ready for cold weather, it is good to prepare for it. There are a few things you can do, ahead of time, to prolong the life of your car this winter. The NHTSA has a lot of good auto tips.
Winter Auto Checklist
- Check your battery. Have your mechanic check battery connections and voltage.
- Inspect your wipers and defrosters.
- Check your tire for pressure and wear. Bald or low tires can be hazardous.
- Carry emergency items in your car.
- Keep at least a half tank of gas in your car. New England weather changes quickly, avoid being stranded with no gas.
- More Winter Auto tips here from the NHTSA
Also remember to plan ahead for road trips. Based on weather conditions, trips could take longer than in warmer months.
If you hit a deer are you covered?