Have you taken an inventory of your belongings?
This is a reminder to take some time now to go through your home and create an inventory of your valued items.
Take this situation:
A fire breaks out in the home, causing severe interior damage. The structure of your home remains intact but everything else is a loss. You find yourself needing to replace everything from appliances to clothing and even your toothbrush. Good news is, you have insurance so you are covered and will be reimbursed… But do you remember all the contents items in your house? Now is the time you wish you’d taken pictures or had a video of the inside of the house.
Don’t let this happen to you…
Here are a few things to remember when taking an inventory…
- Take 3 or 4 pictures of each room.
- When taking pictures, don’t forget to open the cabinets and closets. You have more clothes than you think!
- Make a separate list of the items that can’t be replaced
- Your valuable items may need to be appraised.
- Call our office with your list. 413-788-4531.
Being Proactive (before a loss) will save you time and energy.
Feel free to call us with further questions.