Skip to content

Driving and painting!

Don’t get caught driving and painting!

So, this morning I was driving to work when I noticed  a trail of yellow along a secondary highway.  The deep yellow trail ran down the center of the two lane highway scattered between both lanes.  It appeared dry.  As I continued on, I noticed that the yellow was spreading more and more.  Then, I saw yellow tire tracks.  About two miles later at a stop light, I saw many vehicles with yellow tires, rims, and lower body panels.  I also saw the culprit!  A large truck, covered in yellow paint with an apparent leak in its paint tank…..

driving and paintingNot an ideal way to start your morning.  You jump into your new white car and receive a free paint job on the way to work.  You park, get out, and notice that you have yellow tires, rims and body panels…

Your first thought is Ugh! Or worse!  Your second thought is – Who is going to pay for this!!

Lets answer this question.

If you carry comprehensive coverage on your vehicle you could file a claim under this coverage minus your deductible.  Comprehensive coverage will pay for direct and accidental damage to or loss of your auto other than damage caused by collision.

Comprehensive coverage  covers :

  • Vandalism
  • Fire and theft,
  • Missiles
  • Falling Objects
  • Larceny,
  • Explosion,
  • Earthquake
  • Windstorm
  • Hail
  • Water
  • Flood
  • Malicious Mischief
  • Riot
  • Contact with a bird or animal

Filing a comprehensive claim is probably the quickest and easiest method of obtaining coverage.  Now, with that said, if you can find the cause of the damage, i.e. the name of the company or individual that leaked the paint causing damage to your auto, you may be able to file a claim directly with that party and their insurance company.

In either case, it is important to provide your insurance agent/company with as much information as possible.

Simply contact your independent insurance agent for more information or visit