The start of a new school year is good time to get organized. Take the time now to make sure you, the driver, and your vehicle are up to date. Some things you may want to ask yourself are:
Is my car registration up to date? (check the sticker on your plate)
- Does my license need to be renewed? (registry no longer mails renewal reminders)
- Did my vehicle pass inspection this year?
- Do I have sufficient auto coverage? (ask your agent)
- Do I know what to do in case of an accident?
- Do I have a car emergency kit? link to emergency kit
- When was the last time I had an oil change?
These may be basic reminders, but handling them now could save you a lot of trouble later.